Pages

Saturday, December 3, 2011

Road Trip Cabbage

I know I didn't post yesterday, but that doesn't mean I didn't juice!  I'll post those pictures below, but for now, I'm sharing a tasty recipe from this morning, Citrus Apple on page 55 of the Big Book of Juices


CITRUS APPLE:
  • 3 apples
  • 2 tangerines (the clementines)
  • 1/2 lime
  • 1 giant leaf of green cabbage (my variation)
The result?  A tasty citrus conglomerate that completely masks the taste of cabbage.  I actually really like cabbage, mind you, but I'm kind of glad I can't taste it here.  And what about that color?  Beautiful!

We are actually going to go to St. Louis today for a few errands, so the husband didn't want to add cabbage to his.  He was afraid of what it might do to him while we are on the road.  I read that cabbage juice is really good for stomach problems, including ulcers, so I thought I'd add it in. 

YESTERDAY... In the morning I had a juice called Spicy Carrot".  Certainly not the prettiest juice


SPICY CARROT:
  • 1 stalk broccoli
  • 3 carrots
  • dime slice of ginger
  • 1/4 tsp cinnamon
  • dash of cayenne pepper
It was pretty bland, and not my favorite.  I love carrots and I love broccoli, but I'm thinking I don't like them together.

For lunch, I slipped and had Mexican food.  This is a really bad idea if your body is getting used to fresh juices.... I was entirely sluggish and my gut was roaring.  So after that, I was craving a giant glass of juice.  Fortunately, the husband had the juicer all set up and ready to go, so I went for a tried and true, Apple Zing:

I only took a picture to show the comparison volume of my standard picture-taking glass and the actual volume of juice produced.  This is typical of the recipes I get from the Big Book of Juices.

I immediately felt better.  Now I think I am getting to a point of no return with these juices.  I'm going to happily incorporate at least one juice a day after the fast in my daily routine.