Pages

Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Everything Seems to Turn up Orange

I got this recipe from page 167 of "The Juicing Bible" by Pat Crocker (see link at left) and it was excellent!

CRAN-APPLE
  • 2 apples
  • 3 carrots
  • 3/4 cup cranberries (fresh or frozen- I chose fresh)
  • sliver of ginger (optional, not in original recipe)


I was drinking this so fast I forgot to take a picture.  So in actuality, the recipe makes about a glass and a half.  It is refreshing and tart, like lemonade- but has a nice earthy carrot aftertaste.  I made the first batch for my husband, then in the second batch for me, I put in a dime sized sliver of fresh ginger root.  I have a love for ginger that I don't believe the husband shares with me, but he said it still tasted pretty good.  I don't know what that ginger did to my drink, but it increased it's awesomeness by 100-fold!  And I'm talking FRESH ginger, not that powdered junk (that I still like, but not in my juice).  I was shocked to find it at my local Wal-Mart.  Yes, I shop there.  I have no choice.

I am actually very surprised by these juice blends.  It's very hard to believe unless you've tried it for yourself, but the juice is actually thick and filling.  All literature I've read advise you to savor your juice, but I'm telling you, I couldn't stop guzzling it down it was so tasty!  Anywho, I haven't even started the juice fast yet, but I'd really like some more juice :)