Pages

Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Hey! It's Green!

This recipe is "Deep Green Heart" on page 201 of The Juicing Bible (see link to left).

DEEP GREEN HEART
  • 2 apples
  • 2 cups of leafy greens (I used Kale)
  • 1 carrot
  • 1/4 lime


We peeled the lime first, then put in two wedges as our 1/4 portion of lime.  I also guestimated at how much kale to put in, because I've never been good at measuring "stalked" greens into cup sizes.  I mean, do I tear it up, or what?  So I used about 2.5 stalks, figuring that one stalk is about a cup, then the half stalk for good measure.

Again, remarkably good.  I was afraid the kale would be bitter, but really it's not.  You can really taste the lime, and it appears that in most recipes, the apple is what gives the most liquid volume.  We are now officially out of apples, but I will have to run to the store later tonight and get more.