Pages

Tuesday, November 29, 2011

New "Wing-It" Recipe

Day two of having the juicer, and I made myself a little breakfast out of some random veggie fare:
  • 2 Tomatoes
  • 8-ish stalks of celery
  • 3 handfuls of baby carrots
  • 1 Granny Smith Apple

This ended up making quite a lot of juice because naturally tomatoes are reeeaaaally juicy, and I used twice as much celery.  Needless to say, my filter basket clogged with excess tomato pulp, so next time I want tomato, I might do it a little differently next time.  Also, I'm not sure I liked this one as much because it was actually really sweet.  This is what I get for not following a recipe!

We actually don't have a lot of fruits and vegetables right now other than celery, apples, etc. but our shopping list is growing and we need to get more sometime soon.  I love celery, but it has a really distinct taste that seems to come out above all other flavors.  I might be a little more sparing on the celery in the future.  I wonder if I can juice a sweet potato?